These terms and conditions govern your participation at ILTM Asia Pacific which is owned and operated by Reed Exhibitions Limited (Company Number 00678540) whose registered office is at Gateway House, 28 The Quadrant, Richmond, Surrey TW9 1DN, UK, or any of its subsidiaries from time to time (the “Organiser”).
ILTM Asia Pacific or Event means International Luxury Travel Market Asia Pacific to be held at Marina Bay Sands, Singapore from 19 to 22 June 2023 which is owned and organised by the Organiser.
Exhibitors means exhibitors who have contracted with the Organiser to take stand space at ILTM Asia Pacific.
Executive Buyer means the person, accepted in writing by the Organiser, who will be granted access to the Event as a buyer of luxury travel products and services on a non‑hosted basis (i.e. without complimentary flights, transfers or accommodation provided by the Organiser).
Hosted Buyer means the luxury travel trade professional, registered as a Hosted Buyer, who has accepted these Terms and Conditions and has been accepted in writing by the Organiser with authority to attend the Event as a buyer of luxury travel products where complimentary accommodation, transfers and, in some cases, flights are provided by the Organiser and shall include Hosted Buyers ("with flights" and "without flights") as may be determined by the Organiser.
Appointment Only Buyer means the luxury travel trade professional, registered as an Appointment Only Buyer, who has accepted these Terms and Conditions and has been accepted in writing by the Organiser with authority to attend the Event as a buyer of luxury travel products.
Pre‑Scheduled Appointment Programme means the appointment programme operated by the Organiser to coordinate the appointments of the Hosted Buyer with Exhibitors during the Event.
Event Team means the ILTM Asia Pacific personnel team for the Event.
2.1 Hosted Buyers (with flights)
Hosted Buyers (with flights) will receive from the Organiser, complimentary:
· return / round-trip economy flights from selected airports* to Singapore Airport;
· up to four nights’ accommodation and breakfast at one of the Organiser’s preferred hotels between 19 to 22 June 2023 only;
· entry to the ILTM Asia Pacific Opening Forum on 19 June 2023;
· pre-scheduled appointments from 20 to 22 June 2023;
· entry to the ILTM Asia Pacific evening party and ILTM Asia Pacific networking events.
* Flights are at the lowest cost fare available, non-refundable, non-changeable and not upgradable to business class. The location of the company that the Hosted Buyer represents determines the airport used. The fare together with flight timings determines the airline used. Any additional cost caused by upgrade, re-routing, stop-over, flight change fees or use of specific airline requested by the Hosted Buyer shall be payable by the Hosted Buyer at the time of the flight booking.
2.2 Hosted Buyers (without flights)
Hosted Buyer (without flights) will receive from the Organiser, complimentary:
· up to four nights’ accommodation and breakfast at one of the Organiser’s preferred hotels between 19 to 22 June 2023 only;
· entry to the ILTM Asia Pacific Opening Forum on 19 June 2023 only;
· pre-scheduled appointments from 20 to 22 June 2023;
· entry to the official ILTM Asia Pacific evening party and ILTM Asia Pacific networking events.
2.3 As a condition of receiving the complimentary services from the Show Team outlined above, Hosted Buyers (including Appointment Only Buyers) will be required to:
· participate actively in the Pre-Scheduled Appointment Programme; Hosted Buyers and Appointment Only Buyers will be required to select and rank in order of importance 70 appointment preferences, completing the appointment selections within the stated timeframe indicated to them by the Show Team;
· attend all scheduled appointments, networking and Opening Forum scheduled by the Show Team and included by the Show Team in their diary;
· wear delegate badge and appropriate business dress as a condition of entry to the Event
· Attend all three full days of appointments between 19 – 22 June 2023. Hosted Buyers are not permitted to leave the Event until all appointments are completed (Hosted Buyers wishing to leave the Event early must obtain prior consent from the Event Team otherwise cancellation fees will apply as set out below in paragraph 4).
2.4 Failure by any person to comply with the requirements stated above may result in a review of the person’s Hosted Buyer status and / or exclusion from the ILTM Buyer Programme and future ILTM Hosted Buyer Programmes arranged by the Organiser, without refund of any sums that may have already been paid by that person. A significant shortfall (as determined by the Organiser) by the Hosted Buyer or Appointment Only Buyer in respect of the minimum commitment to attend appointments, networking and Opening Forum shall be treated by the Organiser as a cancellation and cancellation fees will apply (see “Cancellations” section below). Attendance at the above sessions will be monitored on site by the Show Team.
3. Travel and Accommodation for Hosted Buyers
3.1 The Organiser will supply the Hosted Buyer (with flights) with a return flight from a point of departure (notified to Hosted Buyer in writing) to Singapore Airport either as a direct flight or connecting flight. All flights shall arrive in Singapore by 19 June 2023 and shall depart from Singapore Airport after the end of the last day of the Event (5pm, 22nd June 2023). Please note that these arrangements are non-transferable and are personal to the Hosted Buyer. Cost efficiency and flight times are used by the Organiser determine the airline and air route used. The flight times will be allocated to ensure maximum time at the Event. Flight changes requested by the Hosted Buyer (with flights) are subject to availability and cancellation of flights may incur a fee (see “Cancellations” section below). Any additional costs incurred to reach the agreed departure airport will be the responsibility of the Hosted Buyer. All flights provided by the Organiser shall be standard economy fare. No upgrades or use of frequent flyer miles are organised by the Organiser.
3.2 The Organiser takes no responsibility for Hosted Buyers (with flights) who miss their flights to or from the Event. Any replacement flights will be at the expense of the Hosted Buyer (with flights).
3.3 Each Hosted Buyer (without flights) who is arranging their own travel must provide their travel details to the Show Team by 3 May 2023. Any failure to submit the flight details by the deadline will mean the Hosted Buyer is still obligated to attend all appointments in their pre-scheduled diary.
3.4 Depending on the package offered, the Organiser will provide the Hosted Buyer with up to four nights’ accommodation in Singapore, between the dates of 19 to 22 June 2023 noting that the Hosted Buyers will select their accommodation from the Organiser’s travel platform from the list of hotels available which shall be on a first come first served basis. Accommodation is provided on a bed and breakfast, single occupancy basis. The Organiser will not be responsible for extra room costs incurred during the stay. Any room upgrades will be solely at the discretion of the hotel management and any additional upgrade charges shall be borne by the Hosted Buyer.
4. Cancellation by the Hosted Buyer
4.1 Replacements: Invitations to Hosted Buyers are non‑transferable and personal to the Hosted Buyer. In instances where a Hosted Buyer needs to cancel their participation, they may submit a written request that a colleague from their organisation (with decision making authority) attends as a replacement. On the condition that the Organiser accepts the replacement in writing prior to such attendance, a cancellation fee will not apply.
4.2 Cancellation of attendance: Whilst not encouraged, Hosted Buyers may cancel their attendance to the Event with no cancellation fee payable before Monday 24 April 2023. Cancellations with no replacement. received on or after Monday 24 April 2023 but before Monday 8 May 2023 will incur a fee of US$800 (plus any applicable flight cancellation fees) which is a reasonable pre-estimate of the losses and costs to be incurred by the Organiser, including administration costs in cancelling and rearranging the relevant bookings. Cancellations received on or after Monday 8 May 2023 will incur a fee of US$900. All cancellations and reason for cancellation must be sent to the Organiser in writing to the following email address [email protected]. Receipt must be acknowledged by the dates specified above for the cancellation to be valid.
4.3 Hosted Buyers who do not inform the Organiser of their cancellation and do not attend the Event will incur a cancellation fee of US$1000, plus any applicable flight cancellation fees.
4.4 All Hosted Buyers are required to attend all the Pre-Scheduled Appointments that appear in their final diary. Failure to attend appointments has a negative impact on the Exhibitors. Any failure by a Hosted Buyer to attend an appointment shall be treated as a cancellation of attendance and the Hosted Buyer will incur a cancellation fee of US$100 for each missed Pre-Scheduled Appointment. If Exhibitors report over ten no shows from a single Hosted Buyer, that Hosted Buyer will incur a cancellation fee of US$900 and will not be invited to future ILTM events.
4.5 Cancellation of flights:
• Hosted Buyers (with flights) who cancel their flight or do not show up for the scheduled flights will be charged all flight cancellation fees incurred by the Organiser in addition to any cancellation of ILTM Asia Pacific attendance fee.
• Any replacement of a Hosted Buyer, which results in cancellation of the original attendee’s flights is subject to a charge of a full air fare payable to the Organiser. Any cost incurred due to a replacement is payable in full by the Hosted Buyer.
• Any name changes to flight tickets, or replacements which result in administration charges by the airline, are payable to the Organiser in full by the Hosted Buyer.
CANCELLATION OF ATTENDANCE FEES, NO SHOW FEES AND FLIGHT CANCELLATION FEES SHALL BE PAYABLE BY THE HOSTED BUYER WITHIN 14 DAYS OF THE CLOSING DATE OF THE EVENT. THE ORGANISER SHALL TAKE PAYMENT OF ANY SUCH FEES FROM THE HOSTED BUYER’S CREDIT CARD (DETAILS OF WHICH MUST BE PROVIDED BY THE HOSTED BUYER ON REGISTRATION) 14 DAYS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE OF THE EVENT IF THE PAYMENT HAS NOT BEEN MADE BY OTHER MEANS. THE ORGANISER WILL PROVIDE THE HOSTED BUYER WITH A RECEIPT IN RESPECT OF SUCH CREDIT CARD CHARGES FOR THE FEES. THE HOSTED BUYER MAY REQUEST AN INVOICE IF REQUIRED.
4.6 The Hosted Buyer agrees that the above charges are a reasonable pre-estimate of the loss suffered by the Organiser in the event of the Hosted Buyer breaching these Terms and Conditions.
5. Executive Buyers
5.1 For a fee of US$950, Executive Buyers will receive from the Organiser:
• access to the ILTM Asia Pacific online diary to be able to schedule meetings;
• entry to the ILTM Asia Pacific Opening Session on 19 June 2023 and entry from 20 to 22 June 2023;
• entry to the official ILTM Asia Pacific closing party and ILTM Asia Pacific networking events.
5.2 Executive Buyers will:
• arrange their travel and accommodation to the Event independently and at their own cost;
• ensure the fee of US$950, is paid to the Organiser. The Organiser shall take the payment from the Executive Buyer’s credit card (details of which must be provided by the Executive Buyer upon registration);
• have a minimum of 15 appointments scheduled in their diary.
Attendance at any online Pre-Scheduled Appointment that has been scheduled in your diary is considered mandatory. Missing such appointments may jeopardise your future involvement at the Event.
6. Cancellation by Executive Buyers
6.1 In instances where an Executive Buyer needs to cancel their participation, they may request in writing that a colleague from their organisation attend as a replacement in their stead. The Organiser shall make the final decision with respect to whether the replacement may attend the Event.
6.2 In instances where the Executive Buyer cancels their participation at the Event, the US$950 initially paid by the Executive Buyer to the Organiser will not be refunded.
7. Exclusion of Liability
7.1 The Organiser takes no responsibility:
7.1.1 for Hosted Buyers (with flights) who miss their ILTM Asia Pacific flights;
7.1.2 for the insolvency or failure of any airline company or hotel or ground handling company or other supplier;
7.1.3 for flight cancellation or delay;
7.1.4 if the Hosted Buyer is refused permission to board the aircraft or is refused entry into Singapore;
7.1.5 for any delay or loss of baggage or excess baggage charges - any subsequent dispute shall be directly between the Hosted Buyer and the airline).
Any replacement flights and other costs incurred in relation to the above will be at the expense of the Hosted Buyer or airline, where appropriate.
7.2 Hosted Buyers and Executive Buyers must obtain adequate travel insurance coverage for their stay and it is recommended in particular that Hosted Buyers and Executive Buyers take out adequate cancellation insurance to cover the instances referred to in paragraph 7.1, insurance for their baggage and appropriate medical insurance, as well as any travel-related costs due to cancellation.
7.3 Individual visa requirements, travel permits, other licences and inoculations will be the sole responsibility of the Hosted Buyer and Executive Buyer including any necessary costs incurred.
7.4 Force Majeure – Force Majeure shall include, but not be limited to: fire; casualty; flood; epidemic; pandemic; World Health Organisation travel advisory or travel alert; earthquake; explosion or accident; blockade embargo; inclement weather; governmental restraints; restraints or orders of civil defence or military authorities; act of public enemy; riot or civil disturbance; act or threatened act of terrorism, strike, lockout, boycott or other labour disturbance; Venue cancellation; inability to secure sufficient labour; technical or other personnel failure; impairment or lack of adequate transportation facilities; inability to obtain condemnation, requisition or commandeering of necessary supplies or equipment; general fuel or energy shortages, local, state or federal laws, ordinances, rules, orders, decrees or regulations whether legislative, executive or judicial, and whether constitutional or unconstitutional; or acts of God, or any other cause or causes not reasonably within the control of the Organiser. The Organiser, its agents, its employees, and its subcontractors shall not be liable for loss, damage or delay resulting from a Force Majeure event, or any other circumstances outside the Organiser’s or its subcontractors’ control which shall make it impossible or inadvisable for the Organiser using its reasonable discretion to hold the Event at the time and place provided or interferes with the Organiser’s ability to get the Hosted Buyers to the Event or to provide flights, hotels, transfer appointments, events or other services to Hosted Buyers. The Organiser reserves the right to re-schedule the Event at another date and/or at an alternative site, which will be advised to the Hosted Buyer by email.
7.5 The Organiser shall not be liable to the Hosted Buyer or Executive Buyer, in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any loss of profit, loss of business or revenue, loss of anticipated savings or any indirect or consequential loss or damage, costs or expenses arising out of or in connection with the Hosted Buyers or Executive Buyers attendance at the Event.
7.6 The Organiser shall not be liable for the death or personal injury of any Hosted Buyer or Executive Buyer save where such liability cannot be excluded under English Law.
7.7 The total aggregate liability of the Organiser to the Hosted Buyer or Executive Buyer in respect of their attendance at the Event under these Terms and Conditions whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise shall not exceed US$1000.
8. General – Hosted Buyers and Executive Buyers (together referred to as the “Buyer”)
8.1 Completion of an online or other application form applying to become a Hosted Buyer or Executive Buyer at the Event does not automatically guarantee a place on the Hosted Buyer or Executive Buyer Programme. Applicants will be notified in writing by the Show Team if their application is successful. The Show Team's decision is final. Only one application form may be completed by each proposed participant and only the first application form will be accepted. Applicants must be aged 18 or over.
8.2 Successful applicants will only be accepted as Hosted Buyers or Executive Buyers if they have read and agreed to these Terms and Conditions, have ticked the relevant boxes on the online application form and have provided their valid credit card details.
8.3 The Organiser reserves the right to remove a Hosted Buyer (with flights), Hosted Buyer (without flights), Appointments Only Buyer or Executive Buyer from the Hosted Buyer Programme and to withdraw complimentary flights, accommodation and pre-scheduled appointments at its complete discretion without liability if it determines that it is in the best interests of the Event and the Exhibitors or their attendance is likely to damage the goodwill or reputation of the Event.
8.4 Persons accompanying the Hosted Buyer or Executive Buyer are not included in any offers regarding the Buyer Programme.
8.5 It is important for any participating Exhibitor, buyer or member of the media to understand that the ILTM Asia Pacific Event is solely for business purposes and is targeted at influential people working within the luxury travel industry. We understand that a number of VIP Buyers would like to take an accompanying person with them however, we would like to draw your attention to the following points: :
• The Event Team can book the Buyer into a twin/double room. Any additional costs incurred are payable by the Buyer upon check in/out. The Event Team will not be able to advise the cost until the accommodation has been confirmed. Charges will vary according to the hotel.
• The Event, networking events (both business and social) and Fam Trips (if applicable) are purely for qualified ILTM Asia Pacific badge holders only.
• As part of your participation as a Buyer, it is compulsory to complete the official ILTM Asia Pacific post-show survey and rate your appointments.
8.6 These Terms and Conditions and any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to these Terms and Conditions, the validity and performance hereof or their formation (including any non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law (save that the conflicts of law principles will be expressly excluded). The parties hereby irrevocably acknowledge and agree that the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in respect hereof.
8.8 By agreeing to these terms and conditions, the Buyer provides consent for the Organiser to send communications relating to that Event edition, to be sent via email, including the following:
- Pre-scheduled appointments, self-scheduled appointments, travel and accommodation, post-show survey and meeting ratings
“Hosted Buyer” and "ILTM Asia Pacific" are registered trademarks of the Organiser.